Family-Based Immigration Issues

Relatives living in other countries, such as a spouse, a child, or a parent or another relation, may be able to obtain a visa more easily through your status as a U.S. citizen or as a lawful permanent resident.

For immediate family members there is the option for an immediate family immigrant visa and for extended family there is the option for a family preference immigrant visa. Immediate family visas are unlimited but the family preference visas are limited.

Fiancé(e) and spouse visas require specific information and forms. We can assist with proving a bona fide marriage, working through checklists and questionnaires, and preparing appropriate documentation for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

In addition, our attorneys can help you understand the different consequences of mistakes or committing fraud in spousal or fiancé(e) visa applications.

Get Help Choosing The Right Visa Option

A lawyer can help you figure out which visa applies to your circumstances so that you make the most of your time and resources. Family-based immigration visas include IR-1 through F-5 and F-1 through F-4.

As a border state, immigration issues are common in Arizona. Frequently one family member has emigrated to the U.S. and has left family members in their home country. Because of our location, we are familiar with the common issues facing families looking for paths to immigration for their family members not currently with them.

Call our experienced lawyers at 520-622-0433 or fill out our online form for more information about our services. Our office is conveniently located in Tucson, and we serve clients throughout the area.